Automatic Transfer Carriage
The BHS Automatic Transfer Carriage (EATC) is a powered forklift battery transfer cart designed to be mounted on an existing pallet truck. The EATC is available in a variety of models with many flexible options to satisfy all unique battery handling requirements.
Simply mount the EATC onto a spare pallet truck and connect the battery (12 volt and 24 volt DC power available). The EATC’s extractor arm is operated entirely by the pallet truck battery, removing the need for an auxiliary power source. Position the EATC against the forklift battery compartment; rubber bumpers allow close contact without damaging the lift truck’s finish.
Operators use easy-access, center-mounted controls to extend the extraction arm. Once it connects to the forklift battery (via magnetic, vaccuum, or hook-and-chain attachment), the hydraulic-powered extraction arm gently pulls the battery over the EATC’s 8 compartment rollers. A steel battery containment bar keeps the battery in place during transit.
EATC Battery Transfer Carts for Electric Forklift Fleets of Any Size
The EATC battery transfer cart is ideal for operations with very few forklifts, park & charge users, and as a back-up option for Operator Aboard Battery Extractor Systems. In fact, any operation that runs electric forklifts will benefit from the quick, ergonomic change-outs powered by an EATC.
If a battery fails in the aisles, for instance, users can replace that battery where the truck is stalled. This is safer and quicker than towing a lift truck back to the battery room for change-out. Users can also change forklift batteries in cold storage aisles to avoid subjecting trucks to the stress of frequent temperature changes.
A wide range of features and options allow users to customize EATC transfer carts for their unique applications. Click the Features & Benefits tab to view these options.
Note: Product does not include pallet truck.
Download our PDF for usage information without a semi-dedicated/dedicated host pallet truck.
- Lowers system cost by utilizing existing equipment
- Mounts easily to powered pallet truck—consult BHS for pallet truck specifications
- Powered by the pallet truck battery (12 or 24 V dc available)
- Simple, center-mounted controls for easy operation from left, right, or rear of the carriage
- Standard industrial components utilized in the design, allowing for locally available parts
- Large 2.4” (61 mm) diameter rollers standard
- 8 compartment rollers allow for better wear and load distribution
- Hydraulic-powered push-pull extraction
- Enclosed dashboard sides for added protection against accidental contact with moving parts during operation
- Battery Containment Bar encloses compartment to secure battery during transport
- Rear Friction Strips provide additional battery stability during transport
- Rubber Bumpers protect the industrial lift truck fleet during battery change-out
- Rubber Guards completely enclose chain and sprockets for safe operation
- Many flexible options available to satisfy unique battery handling requirements
- Comes equipped with Hook and Chain
- Vacuum Extraction (EATC-VAC)
- Eliminates the need for manual hook-up and reduces wear and tear on batteries. Includes back-up Hook & Chain Extraction. Ideal for use with a dedicated battery room operator
- Magnet Extraction (EATC-MAG)
- Eliminates the need for manual hook-up, reduces wear and tear on batteries, and is ideal when batteries are too narrow for vacuum extraction. Includes back-up Hook & Chain Extraction. Ideal for use with non-dedicated battery room operators.
- Magnet Light Indicator (EATC-MLI)
- Illuminates when magnet is on, providing a secondary indicator to the audible alarm
- 7” Cantilever (EATC-CAN-7)
- Extends extractor arm reach an additional 7” (178 mm) and is ideal for use with outriggers
- 7” Cantilever & 6” Extension Bed (EATC-CAN-7-6)*
- 7” (178 mm) additional extractor arm reach is ideal for use with outriggers, and 6” (152 mm) bed extension accommodates longer batteries
- 7” Cantilever & 8” Extension Bed (EATC-CAN-7-8)*
- 7” (178 mm) additional extractor arm reach is ideal for use with outriggers, and 8” (203 mm) bed extension accommodates longer batteries
- 14” Cantilever & 6” Extension Bed (EATC-CAN-14-6)*
- 14” (356 mm) additional extractor arm reach is ideal for use with outriggers, and 6” (152 mm) bed extension accommodates longer batteries
- 14” Cantilever & 8” Extension Bed (EATC-CAN-14-8)*
- 14” (356 mm) additional extractor arm reach is ideal for use with outriggers, and 8” (203 mm) bed extension accommodates longer batteries
- Heavy-Duty Extraction (EATC-HD)
- High-torque hydraulic motor is recommended for applications using slide strips
- Electric Quick Disconnect (EATC-QDY)
- Dual connector harness (connectors not included) plugs into the EATC and pallet truck battery, powering both simultaneously
Note: Available as option EATC-QDY-24/30 or option EATC-QDY-36/42
- Two-Tier Roller Compartment (EATC-2TIER)*
- Combines two roller compartment levels in one unit, and is ideal for a combination of narrow aisle trucks and counter-balance trucks
- Two-Tier Poly Roller & SST Shaft (EATC-2TIER-PR)
- Converts the standard upper roller/shaft combination to solid poly rollers with 0.5” (13 mm) SST Shafts
- Extra Service Capacity (EATC-ESC)
- Increases EATC load capacity by 1,000 lb (454 kg) and also extends the life of the EATC in harsher environments (includes increased side rail support, front rail reinforcement, front overhead cross bar, and heavy-duty, high-torque, low-speed extractor arm drive motor)
- Drop-in Rollers (EATC-DIR)*
- Increases roller height up to 10” (254 mm) to reach battery compartments beyond pallet truck maximum lift, and includes the appropriate staging stand for drop-in rollers, DIR Centering Angle, and DIR Retainer Plate
Note: Recommended when EATC-2TIER is not feasible and extraction from multiple battery compartment heights is required
- Drop-in Roller, Extended (EATC-DIR-LG)*
- Increases roller height up to 10” (254 mm) to reach battery compartments beyond pallet truck maximum lift, and is for use with 6” (152 mm) or 8” (203 mm) bed extension
- Base Elevation (EATC-BSELV)*
- Elevates EATC base up to 10” (254 mm)
- Low Profile-Bolt-In Slide (EATC-LP)*
- Cost-effective EATC bolt-in slide option allows roller height to be adjusted 0.5” (13 mm) lower than standard unit
- Low Profile Design (EATC-LPF)*
- Allows roller height to be adjusted 22 mm lower than standard unit
- Self-Contained Battery Housing (EATC-BATT)
- Housing for self-contained battery (battery not included) to allow EATC to operate independently from lift truck
- Remote Control (EATC-RMT)*
- 6’ (1.83 m) cord enables EATC control from operator’s position on fork lift
- Fork Pocket/QDY/Tongue Kit (EATC-FP-C-24/30, EATC-FP-C-36/42)
- Designed for applications where a pallet truck can’t be dedicated full time to the battery changing process. Includes a welded Tongue Kit to enhance stability and an SB quick disconnect (EATC-QDY). Rear-entry fork pockets are designed for use with pallet truck.
- Three-Way Fork Pocket/QDY (EATC-FP-3-24/30, EATC-FP-3-36/42)†
- Designed for multi-purpose and multi-position and for applications where a pallet truck can’t be dedicated full time to the battery changing process. Includes a welded Tongue Kit to enhance stability and an SB quick disconnect (EATC-QDY). Rear-entry fork pockets are designed for use with pallet truck. Side-entry fork pockets are designed for use with SDCB lift trucks.
- Three-Way Fork Pocket (EATC-FP-3)†
- Designed for multi-purpose and multi-position. Side-entry fork pockets are designed for use with SDCB lift trucks, typically as a back-up to Operator Aboard Battery Extractors when combined with the Remote Control (EATC-RMT) and Vacuum Extraction (EATC-VAC) options. Rear-entry fork pockets can also be used with a pallet truck host truck when the bolt-on Tongue Kit is attached.
- Bolt-On Mounting (EATC-BLTON)
- Semi-permanent mounting solution when the host truck is occasionally required for other tasks
- Permanent Mounting (EATC-MPJ)*
- Dealer mounting to customer-supplied pallet truck
* Consult factory for this option.
† 24 V dc must be supplied from the host truck for powering the ATC (may require special taps and cable from SDCB battery), or optional on-board battery and charger packages are available if required.