The BHS Keytroller integrates into Operator Aboard Battery Extractor Systems to prevent unauthorized usage. Designated staff must swipe an RFID or HID card, or key in their operator code, before powering up machinery. Timed lockout shuts down the system between uses.
Additional functions allow managers to automate daily checklists for operators and schedule maintenance by date or by reading the hour meter. An onboard logging system allows operators to record incidents for later viewing.
The Keytroller addition to Operator Aboard Battery Extractor Systems helps companies comply with safety regulations such as OSHA standard 1910.333: The Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout). Lockout procedures prevent an estimated 50,000 worker injuries every year, and even save 120 lives, according to OSHA’s calculations.
Event logging assists with documentation on energy control procedures, and the Keytroller is an essential tool for training staff to safely use Operator Aboard Battery Extractors.
Download the product PDF from the above link for more information, or call +1 314 423 2075 to learn more about the Keytroller’s role in a complete BHS Operator Aboard Battery Extractor System.
- Enable system by manual input of operator code or swipe existing RFID or HID systems
- Prevents unauthorized equipment use
- Automates operator daily checklist
- Schedules maintenance by date or hour meter reading
- Event log records incidents for easy viewing
- Color LCD screen
- Keytroller Maintenance Package (BE-KEYTROLLER-MAINT)
- The Keytroller Maintenance Package detects excessive system oil pressure, monitors system oil temperature, and monitors impacts to the Battery Extractor via a frame mounted shock sensor. The light stack provides visual alarm when excessive oil temperature or pressure is reached, and also sounds an audible alarm in the event of shock impact to the Battery Extractor carriage. Flagged alarms disable the Battery Extractor until a supervisor re-starts the system. This feature is an additional layer of protection against component failure.